The Great Silence [Blu-ray]
Regular price $29.14
Actor: Klaus Kinski
Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Director: Sergio Corbucci
Number Of Discs: 1
Publisher: Film Movement Classics
Release Date: 2018-06-05
Running Time: 105
Details: **RELEASED FOR THE FIRST TIME ON BLU RAY IN NORTH AMERICA ON THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF ITS ORIGINAL RELEASE**
On an unforgiving, snow swept frontier, a group of bloodthirsty bounty hunters, led by the vicious Loco (Klaus Kinski Nosferatu, For a Few Dollars More) prey on a band of persecuted outlaws who have taken to the hills. As the price on each head is collected one-by-one, only a mute gunslinger named Silence (Jean-Louis Trintignant The Conformist) stands between the innocent refuges and the greed and corruption that the bounty hunters represent. But, in this harsh, brutal world, the lines between right and wrong aren't always clear and good doesn't always triumph. Featuring superb photography and a haunting score from maestro Ennio Morricone, director Sergio Corbucci's bleak, brilliant and violent vision of an immoral, honorless west is widely considered to be among the very best and most influential Euro-Westerns ever made.
Bonus features include:
- Cox on Corbucci - filmmaker and author Alex Cox surveys Sergio Corbucci's career and how The Great Silence fits within the maestro's oeuvre.
- Western, Italian Style - This 1968 documentary on Italian westerns includes prime behind the scenes footage of The Great Silence.
- Two never-before-seen alternate endings, including the option to play one of the alternate endings with Alex Cox commentary.
- The Great Silence original theatrical trailer.
- The Great Silence 2018 theatrical trailer.
- Italian and English language versions.
- Ending the Silence - a new essay about The Great Silence by film critic Simon Abrams.